- St. Louis, MO
- Posted 1 week ago – Accepting applications
As a Scrum Master, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise. Leidos is seeking varying experience levels for this position to include Junior, Senior, Master and SME.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in the following locations: Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, Charlottesville VA, Tucson AZ, St Louis, MO or Melbourne FL.
This position will work to support one of three products or our sustainment team. Our products provide capabilities 1) for our user’s primary user experience for producing imagery-derived structure data and to enable our users to discover, access and user computer vision capabilities in their workflow, 2) for open, standards-based storage and dissemination services for structured observation management data that are used by mission stakeholders or 3) for evaluating, configuring, and deploying computer vision algorithms into the processing framework. Our sustainment team that performs a broad range of activities from processing a new or modified data type from an existing source, to incorporating a new collector type, to modifying structure observation management systems or application design, source code and/or COTS upgrades, incorporating a new phenomenology, redesign of critical interfaces, adapting a system or application to a new platform (hardware, and/or operating systems), and testing (verification, validation, and security).
- Facilitate Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Refinement, Retrospectives, and other related team and cross-team meetings
- Assist in facilitating Sprint Demos
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums
- Maintain information radiators and track metrics for the teams, including velocity and burndown charts in order to drive team improvement
- Assist the Product Owner in driving stories to a ready state in preparation for the upcoming Sprint and the next Release
- Ensure that the team has a clear and common understanding of the work that needs to be done, and that the work items reflect this
- Ensure that work items are right-sized and meet the INVEST criteria
- Work with the team and Product Owner to maintain a prioritized and prepared backlog, plan upcoming Releases, and assist the team in drafting acceptance criteria and test plans
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up on external dependencies
- Protect the team and minimize disruptions
- Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including Product Owners, Management, other teams and Scrum Masters, and the RTE
- Own team processes and optimize team efficiency
- Build high-performing teams by helping the team learn to handle interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth
- Foster team collaboration and self-organization
- Assist the team in identifying patterns of behavior and continuously evaluating their effectiveness
- Encourage team to contribute to all phases of development and to be proactive
- Work with the team to identify areas of improvement and adopt changes that get them closer to their goals
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
- Work with team to create and update the team Working Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done
- Coach the team on Agile and Scrum principles, driving towards a goal of continuous improvement
- Observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and to coach them to improve
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals utilizing techniques such as pair programming and cross-functionality
- Lead the teams towards Agile maturity
- Applicants will need to have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups. They will be expected to be strong contributors, and to be proactive in working tasks and resolving obstacles.
- Prior Agile and Scrum experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Agile Manifesto and Scrum Principles
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles of Servant Leadership
- Capacity to work well in groups and the ability to lead a team
- Experience using Agile tracking tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and a continuous-improvement mind-set
- Problem solving skills
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- SAFe Agilist or other SAFe Certification
- Security+ Certification
- Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
- Experience in utilizing diverse metrics to drive team improvement
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Experience with Geospatial exploitation tools: RemoteView Pro, SocetGXP, ENVI, ArcGIS
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Technical knowledge of the following is welcome:
o Amazon Web Services
o Translating exploitation requirements into decomposable user stories.
o Requirements analysis to validate requirements and/ or recommend changes.
o Experience working with (installing, configuring, and using) COTS
o Java EE, JSP, EJB, PHP
o OpenLayers/Google Maps/ArcGIS APIs
o Google Earth/KML
o Eclipse/Ant/Anthill/ Subversion/Git/JIRA/ Jenkins CI
o JBoss EAP
o Apache HTTP Server
o Restful, SOAP and OGC web service development
o Esri, IGS, Exellis, and Boundless productExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:YesClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCITravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, 视讯网投娱乐网址homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.