Junior Java Developer
- Washington, DC
- Attain, LLC
- Posted 1 week ago – Accepting applications
Who We Seek:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters. You’re a go-getter who isn’t afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators. You’re a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Will Do:
- Designs, codes, and tests software modifications for assigned applications to address changes or fixes as necessary for problem resolution
- Collaborates with the Production Support team to assist with ticket investigation and resolution
- Interacts with clients, subcontractors, and users as required during daily activities
- Independently prepares estimates of effort to develop and execute approved application changes in primary applications, prioritizes work assignments, and facilitates peer review of work products
- Coordinates and participates in system, integration, performance and acceptance testing
- Maintains shared responsibility for documentation updates to configuration records and the related configuration management tool to track application changes
- Work as part of a team throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet user story acceptance criteria
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Extensive object-oriented software development and domain design.
- Solid communication skills to interact with the business team and technology team
- 2+ years' experience in application development using Java/JEE and related technologies (Weblogic, JBoss, Spring Framework)
- 2+ years' experience developing REST, SOAP, and JSON/XML
Years of Experience: 2
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Due to federal client requirements, only US Citizens can be considered
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a management, technology, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. Our team is present in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Visit www.attain.com/careers to explore your path forward with Attain.
Attain is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more Information on Equal Employment Opportunity visit EEO and EEO Poster Supplement.