Front End Engineer, AWS QuickSight
- Seattle, WA
- Amazon.com Services LLC
- Posted 1 week ago – Accepting applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or the equivalent).
- OO design and coding skills in Java
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
Do you like building software from ground up? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage, visualize and interact with large amounts of data?
We’re looking for experienced, motivated Front-End Engineers with a proven track record of building web applications and services. This role offers wide scope, autonomy, and ownership. You’ll have a seat at the table and will be counted on to be an influential voice in decisions related to system architecture, feature development, and product strategy. We have an ambitious mission requiring an engineer with great judgment and a track record of building great customer experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to own, design and deliver highly scalable systems that will be used by internal and external enterprise customers to build, manage and serve beautiful, innovative features. We’re building a full-service, full-stack platform for end-users and other developers. If this is you, Amazon QuickSight is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in a very large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry!
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions by working with PM, UX designers, and customers.
- Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
- Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
- Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
- Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
- Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
- Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as Angular JS, React, Spring or Node
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of collaboration, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience successfully mentoring other engineers
- Experience building large-scale web applications.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation