DevOps Consultant - Nationwide Opportunities
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Posted 6 days ago – Accepting applications
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional or military experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
- 2+ years of strong hands-on experience of programming in Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object oriented language.
- Hands-on experience envisioning and architecting cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. The Senior DevOps Consultant is a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC, servicing multiple teams or organizations. The Senior Consultant will lead our enterprise customers through large organizational and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the full DevOps spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks.
- Experience with development and automated testing.
- Understanding of cloud native security requirements.
- Experience leading the certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age