Cloud Business Enablement Analyst (Remote US Available/SF-Bay Area Preferred)
- San Francisco, CA
- Posted 1 week ago – Accepting applications
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As an Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and executing solutions to optimize Splunk Cloud costs. Your primary focus will be to analyze infrastructure costs and determine solutions to maintain and optimize overall spend. You will partner with all Splunk departments to control their Cloud spend. Joining our team will allow you an opportunity to make an impact in driving the future processes of Splunk Cloud. Splunk offers the chance to work with cutting-edge technology in a collaborative, exciting, and dynamic environment.Manage infrastructure costs
- Manage infrastructure spend across the company to ensure efficient consumption and spend
- Partner cross functionally to implement cost management policies and strategies
- Create reporting and monitoring to ensure awareness of cost trending
- Craft and execute companywide RI management to ensure optimal cost savings across all functional groups at Splunk
- Build companywide tagging strategy to standardize usage within AWS/GCP to allow for tighter management of costs
- Collaborate with Finance, Engineering, Product, IT teams to drive cost savings projects and initiatives
- Build monitoring and reporting to identify inconsistent consumption against expected models
- Detect unexpected spikes in consumption across company to identify non-budgeted expenses
- Use sales forecast to define consumption need to run the Splunk Cloud business
- Collaborate with Cloud Service Providers to ensure capacity is available for consumption
- Identify projected spend utilizing sales forecast
- 5-7 years experience as an Operations, Business or Systems analyst
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills – written and verbal - to work cross functionally within the organization
- Hands on experience with public cloud service providers, like AWS or GCP, with emphasis on infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Splunk
- Strong analytical and technical skills to work on complex business issues
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.